Tuesday, October 5, 2010

His, Her, and Their Coat Closet, Tip 4


Tip 4: Closet Doublers. It is a simple thing that I bought a while ago that has enhanced my closet space and given me my sanity back. I used mine in my children's room so they could reach their dresses. But, you can use this in the coat closet to create more space...either for adult items or kid items. And since some people use their coat closet floor for other items, closet doublers are a great alternative to using baskets on the floor.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the doubler? I like it. My coat closet is a wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine a while ago at Target...but it's not listed on their website. So, it may or may not still be in their stores. They are also on Amazon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - but not sure it would work in my tiny coat closet. Definitely makes a difference in my (shared) master closet and daughter's closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a cheap version for Clara (age 2)'s closet at Babies R Us. It's plastic and not super wide but works great. I actually like that it's not super wide so I still have full "height" on part of a big closet.

    Like Julie says, it's especially great for kids closets or items that aren't "full" length (ie a dress) b/c you waste 1/2 the "height" of a closet on sweaters, folded pants, etc.

    ReplyDelete