Thursday, March 8, 2012

Charlotte Observer!


I had a great honor a few weeks ago to be interviewed by the talented reporter Crystal O'Gorman from the Charlotte Observer. I got to tell her about my passion for making life more meaningful through simplification and how I got started in my quest to simplify my life.

I was nursing my newborn baby standing in the kitchen as I tried to pull together a healthy dinner. My toddler was in tears, clinging to my legs . I felt stressed--not only because of the babies, but because the lack of peace and organization in my home. I opened the cabinet to get a certain pot, but I couldn't find it because there was just too much stuff. I was trying to throw together some kind of meal using whatever ingredients I could find because I hadn't planned our meals in advance.  So, as the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention. I decided to take control back of my house and my life.  

I am deeply grateful to be able to share my story. The interview ran in Wednesday's paper. You can check out the article here.

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Juls! Wish you lived closer I'd totally get some closet help. I still feel a good bit of chaos (colicky baby and teething 2 year old) but we have dinner in the freezer! I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read the article...love it! Maintenance is definitely my problem. I'm a natural purger...it just seems to keep seeming cluttered no matter how much I get rid of, and that without bringing a whole lot in...hmmm.

      Delete
    2. That's life! Which is why maintenance is about 80% of organization. Many people get a space organized, but because it's not organized well or because they don't continue to check in on it, it grows again into a problem. Thus leading to frustrating and feelings of failure. I love that you're a purger. It's the best feeling in the world!

      Delete