Friday, June 3, 2011

Saving Money and a Jar


Reuse, reduce, recycle. A mantra we've all heard and most of us have come to love. Here's one way to do just that with plastic jars: Money.



A while back I was looking for an allowance system for my five-year-old. I wanted a space for tithing, saving, and spending. While there were some options out there, I just didn't want to spend the money on them. So, I gave my daughters a lesson in reusing what you have. I asked them to decorate the banks so they have some ownership of it. And they turned out great.

This activity killed many birds with one stone: reused something that was destined for the recycling bin, gave my girls a fun activity for a while, and saved me from spending money on one of those store bought systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment