Monday, May 16, 2011

Organizing Children's Artwork, Idea 1

Is your home overrun with the beautiful glitter projects and marker drawings? Do you feel guilty throwing them away? This post is for you. Here are some ideas to keep your home uncluttered and your conscious clear.

1. Art books -


This is my favorite way to organize my girl's art. When they were little and didn't have that much I laminated the art, hole punched them, and tied them all together with ribbon. Now that their artwork outnumbers the stars, I can't afford this option. So this year I moved onto the 3-ring binder method. I hole punch the art and put it in chronological order in a 3-ring notebook. Any art that's too big (or 3D) to fit, I take a picture of it, print it out, and then stick it in.

If you choose this method, keep in mind that it's a bit fragile. When I first finished the books, I gave them to my girls (ages 6 and 4). The 4-year-old accidentally ripped a page out because she was too rough in turning the pages. So, just be sure to teach your kids how to turn pages and this option is a great one.

Stay tuned for other ways to organize the masterpieces that come into your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment