Wednesday, September 29, 2010

His, Her, and Their Coat Closet, Tip 1

Most homes and apartments have a coat closet. And if there's more than one person living in the house, it can get a little those-pair-of-gloves-are-not-worth-looking-in crazy in there.

The next couple of posts will show you some ideas for organizing your coat closet so that there is space for the whole family.


Tip 1: Hanging shoe racks. They are one of my favorite organizational tools. I've put my scarves, gloves, and hats in it. My poor husband has one spot for his winter gear. My kids each have their own spot...down near the floor so they can reach it themselves, sparing me loads of time. And I get the rest. A girl needs her accessories. These shoe racks are also great because they create a natural division for his and her sections of coats.

Stay tuned for more ideas on how to tame the coats!

2 comments:

  1. great idea! i have a hanging shoe bag on the back of the door. however, the amount of coats is out of control. looking forward to the next tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these in my coat closet too, but love the idea of putting it in the middle instead of on the end.

    ReplyDelete