Friday, January 27, 2012

Why Live Simply?


The definition of simple living is going to be different for everyone. It depends on lots of things. Be sure to not use the definition someone else uses as a standard for you own!

However, the WHY to simple living is universal. 
  • Maximize Space - This doesn't mean cramming as much as possible into a space. It does mean using the space you have to the best of its ability. 
  • Minimize Chaos - Creating a simple life results in less chaos in all arenas of your life. You know where things are because you don't have a ton of things and they are organized well. 
  • Lessen Stress - In a simple and organized home, you walk in and feel peace. This is what you should strive for. This one is often a good litmus test for me. When I feel stress in my life, I ask myself if I'm living as simply as I want to be or as I can be. Usually the answer is no!
  • Be a Good Steward - When you don't keep things that you will never use, you pass them along to others who will. And when you don't own a ton of things, you're not spending a ton of money.
  • More Time - For the things you want to be doing - which I take is not looking for the flash light because your spaces aren't organized or trying to come up with a meal last minute because you didn't plan.
1. Step one to living a more simple life is to define Simple Living for your self.
2. Step two is to make small steps to achieve that in your life - whether that be purging your home of things, organizing what you have, working on time and home management, etc.
3. Step three is to enjoy some of the benefits listed above!

No comments:

Post a Comment