Thursday, October 13, 2011

Got Milk?

We've all been there: out of milk. That delicious bowl of cereal has to been eaten dry (because water doesn't taste good, trust me - I've tried). The pancakes you have been craving will have to wait. And worst of all: you can't eat that brownie because who in their right mind can eat brownies sans milk? That's just plain crazy.

I know that many of you are wondering where this post is going. What does running out of milk have to do with organization or simplifying your life? I can already tell what you organization savvy people are thinking:

"If you are more organized or have a grocery list system, you wouldn't have run out of milk in the first place."

Yes, that's true. But that's not where this post is going. Here's where this is going:

Yes, dry milk. It can simplify your life. I keep a box of it in my pantry at all times. That way, if I ever run out of milk (yes, highly organized people also run out of milk) and it's too late or I'm too tired (read: lazy) to go to the store, I always have some on hand.

Dry milk tip: It's best to be used for cooking. Because it's room temperature when you mix it and that's just not so tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Julie we have boxed milk here. Long life storage. It is great especially when you go on a trip you just pop it in the fridge before you leave and a week later when you return you open the fresh box of cold milk :) I don't know if they sell it in the states or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'll have to look for that since dry milk is terrible to drink room temperature~

    ReplyDelete